The task of stringing seed beads into the cords can be very time consuming. I made myself a bead spinner which has helped me a lot.
Suggestion: Coat the cord tips with fray check and after they dry, trim them at a sharp angle.
To pick up the beads I used a beading needle #12.
Watch how the Bead Spinner works, then come back to see the instructions to DIY.
Materials & Tools:
- plastic container about 3"/7.5cm of diameter by .075"/2cm of height
- wooden stick
- soldering iron or a metal stick
- pencil sharpener
- Find and mark the center point at the bottom of the container you have chosen.
- Heat the metal stick, can be directly on the stove or with a candle, or use the soldering iron to make a hole in the marked center. Slowly start drilling in the middle of the plastic container. The idea is that the hole be slightly smaller than the diameter of the wooden stick so that it fits inside without it being too loose. So as you make the hole, check the size by inserting the stick and seeing how it fits, making it larger with the soldering iron or metal stick.
- Sharpen one end of the stick with the pencil sharpener.
- Once the hole has the required size, place the wooden stick through it. It should protrude slightly from the base so that it spins freely.
- You're ready to start spinning!!!